Join Us for an Upcoming Event!
Kissena Synergy Forestry and Trails Maintenance Team
– MapUnder the guidance of NYC Super Stewards (Forestry) and Natural Areas Conservancy's Trail Maintainer Managers, we conduct maintenance projects in Kissena Park. In 2023, we are concentrating our efforts on maintaining the sites that have been restored and were reforested in November 2022 and April … More Info
Soundview Butterfly Meditation Garden Planting Days
– MapJoin garden members and volunteers to install 1,100 herbaceous plugs to create pollinator habitat. All tools and supplies will be provided. Bring water to drink, and we look forward to seeing you on Wednesdays and Sundays in June, beginning June 11. Contact Joan and RoE at … More Info
Bronx Forest Trail Planting Days
– MapAll are welcome to join Teddy Bear Project at June planting days to support pollinator gardens. Participants will help install native pollinator-friendly perennials in order to enhance Bronx Forest Blue Trail. Plant materials are grown at Pinelands Nursery and generously donated by Xerces Society! … More Info
Jamaica Bay Blue Trail Clean Up
– MapJoin Jamaica Bay-Rockaway Parks Conservancy and Natural Areas Conservancy to help maintain the bayside trails at Jamaica Bay Park. Volunteers will meet at Egmont Place, off of Mott Ave in Far Rockaway, New York to help remove trash and debris from Jamaica Bay Park while enjoying incredible views of … More Info
Forest Restoration Workshop on Todt Blue Hill Trail
– MapJoin the Protectors Of The Pine Oaks Woods advocacy group to remove invasive species on the Todt Blue Hill Trail in Staten Island. Participants will follow the Blue Trail southwest to the ruined foundations where they can help cut alien Devil’s Walking Stick. Protectors will supply tools, gloves … More Info
Summer Rooftop Event
– MapJoin us on Thursday, June 22 at the historical Arsenal Building in Central Park to meet our current interns and program staff, and hear about our vision to grow this important program. The NAC is committed to training New York City's next generation of conservation leaders, and we are proud to … More Info
Seton Falls Park Community Forest Care Workshop
– MapJoin community members, the Natural Areas Conservancy (NAC), the Seton Falls Park Preservation Coalition, NYC Parks Stewardship Team, NYC Parks Urban Park Rangers, and the New York Botanical Garden EcoQuest Team in a half-day, hands-on workshop about local ecology and wildlife, plant identification … More Info
Looking for a past event?
2023 Night for Nature
The Natural Areas Conservancy's annual Night for Nature will be held on Tuesday, September 12, 2023, from 6:00 P.M. to 8:30 P.M. at The View at Battery Park in lower Manhattan. We hope you'll join us for this in-person cocktail reception celebrating New York City’s natural areas. The suggested dress is nature festive!
During this year's Night for Nature, we are thrilled to honor Harlan Stone and Liam Kavanagh for their years of dedication to and support of the Natural Areas Conservancy.
Sponsorships, Host Committee tickets and General Admission tickets for Night for Nature are now on sale.
Get Involved With the Super Steward Trail Maintainer Program
The NYC Parks Super Steward: Trail Maintainer program is an initiative of the Natural Areas Conservancy and NYC Parks, with support from REI.
Trail Maintainers are advanced, independent volunteers who receive training, tools, and resources that strengthen their efforts and enrich their experience. Trail Maintainers learn plant identification, invasive plant removal, corridor pruning, and trail maintenance skills — along with a variety of other trails and natural area management practices.
Trail Maintainers contribute to the stewardship and maintenance of our nature trails, as well as the overall health of our diverse natural areas citywide.
How to become a Super Steward: Trail Maintainer
- Become a Super Steward
- Attend a Super Steward Trail Maintainer training
- Adopt a natural area trail in a New York City park near you
- Walk through your adopted trail with a member of the Citywide Trails Team
- Commit to the stewardship and maintenance of your adopted NYC natural area trail!
Once you Become a Trail Maintainer you can participate in various Trail Maintainer Volunteer Opportunities to increase your trails skills and lead trail stewardship efforts in your community.