COVID-19 Programmatic Update
COVID-19 is changing the lives of New Yorkers in ways we never imagined. While our city’s nature is still here for us, the frequency and the way in which we enjoy these spaces is changing as we work together to keep each other safe and healthy. In order to adapt to these new challenges, the NAC has made the difficult decision to suspend all in-person events and public programming, including our annual Night for Nature fundraiser, until further notice.
While we’re saddened to take this pause, we know the next time we gather with all of you will be a true celebration — not only of our local nature, but the incredible resiliency of this city. In the meantime, we hope you'll join us for our upcoming virtual events listed below.
Join Us for an Upcoming Virtual Event!
NY ReLeaf Webinar: Ecological Assessment of New York City's Natural Areas
– MapJoin NY ReLeaf for an urban forestry webinar on July 21st at 10 AM! The Natural Areas Conservancy (NAC) exists to restore and conserve the green and blue spaces of New York City in order to enhance the lives of all New Yorkers. In this webinar NAC Project Manager Justin Bowers will talk about… More Info
Virtual Event: Kids and the Outdoors
– MapWhile many of our favorite cultural institutions, summer camps, and in-person public programming have been closed or canceled due to COVID-19, New York City's parks provide the perfect spaces for some relaxation and fun. But if you're a parent, it can be taxing to continuously create activities and… More Info
Looking for a past event?
Get Involved With the Super Steward Trail Maintainer Program
The Super Steward Trail Maintainer program is an initiative of the Natural Areas Conservancy, NYC Parks, and the New York-New Jersey Trail Conference.
Trail Maintainers are advanced, independent volunteers who receive training, tools, and resources that strengthen their efforts and enrich their experience. Trail Maintainers learn plant identification, invasive removal, corridor pruning, and trail maintenance skills — along with a variety of other trails and natural area management practices.
Super Steward Trail Maintainers contribute to the stewardship and maintenance of our natural areas trails, as well as the overall health of our diverse natural areas citywide.
How to become a Super Steward: Trail Maintainer
- Become a Super Steward
- Attend a Super Steward Trail Maintainer training
- Adopt a natural area trail in a New York City park near you
- Walk through your adopted trail with a member of the Citywide Trails Team
- Commit to the stewardship and maintenance of your adopted NYC natural area trail!
If you have any questions please contact Josh Otero by email at email@example.com.
2020 Night for Nature Is Now Canceled
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NAC has made the difficult decision to cancel Night for Nature and suspend all in-person events and public programming until further notice.
If you’re interested in helping our organization weather this storm, please donate to the NAC through our Donor Circle page. Big or small, your contribution will allow our organization to survive and ultimately continue our work in protecting and conserving New York City’s 20,000 acres of unparalleled natural areas.
Thanks to everyone who supported us at our yearly fundraisers! Check out the links below to see recaps of the events.