Join Us for an Upcoming Event!
10/31 Ecology Park Forest Restoration
– MapVolunteer with the Natural Areas Conservancy and NYC Parks in Ecology Park! Volunteers will learn how to identify and safely remove invasive plants in order to help restore natural areas and create a healthier ecosystem. Come dressed in sturdy boots or shoes, long pants, and clothing that can get … More Info
Building a Network: Advancing Natural Areas Management on a National Scale
– MapWhile much of the Natural Areas Conservancy’s work is based in New York City’s local ecology, our organization is expanding our reach on a national scale with our Forests in Cities program. The Forests in Cities program was created in 2017 to promote and advance healthy forested natural areas in … More Info
Looking for a past event?
Get Involved With the Super Steward Trail Maintainer Program
The Super Steward Trail Maintainer program is an initiative of the Natural Areas Conservancy, NYC Parks, and the New York-New Jersey Trail Conference.
Trail Maintainers are advanced, independent volunteers who receive training, tools, and resources that strengthen their efforts and enrich their experience. Trail Maintainers learn plant identification, invasive removal, corridor pruning, and trail maintenance skills — along with a variety of other trails and natural area management practices.
Super Steward Trail Maintainers contribute to the stewardship and maintenance of our natural areas trails, as well as the overall health of our diverse natural areas citywide.
How to become a Super Steward: Trail Maintainer
- Become a Super Steward
- Attend a Super Steward Trail Maintainer training
- Adopt a natural area trail in a New York City park near you
- Walk through your adopted trail with a member of the Citywide Trails Team
- Commit to the stewardship and maintenance of your adopted NYC natural area trail!
If you have any questions please contact Josh Otero by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 Night for Nature Is Now Canceled
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NAC has made the difficult decision to cancel Night for Nature and suspend all in-person events and public programming until further notice.
If you’re interested in helping our organization weather this storm, please donate to the NAC through our Donor Circle page. Big or small, your contribution will allow our organization to survive and ultimately continue our work in protecting and conserving New York City’s 20,000 acres of unparalleled natural areas.
Thanks to everyone who supported us at our yearly fundraisers! Check out the links below to see recaps of the events.